10 Tips for Successful Grant Writing
The end of the Australian academic year marks the beginning of grant writing season. It is now time to start planning and preparing your application to avoid the stress of a looming grant deadline.
Gaining competitive project grant funding is difficult. Here are our 10 top tips for writing a clear grant application:
1. Make your grant application interesting and easy to read
2. Keep the reader in mind
3. Closely follow the instructions for submission
4. Use plain English
5. Be succinct
6. Have a key message in mind
7. Have a clear idea where this grant fits in the broader research context
8. Draw attention to the new ideas that you are focusing on
9. Use effective diagrams to summarise your data
10. Incorporate white space
Grant applications for NHMRC project grants open on the 4th December 2014, and close on the 5th March 2015. Find more information on the NHMRC website.
As professional medical writers, we can give your research proposal the best chance of success. Please contact us today if you would like more information on how we help you.